Friday, May 2, 2014

Last Dinner!

The dinner that comes to mind when we talk about a final dinner is when my parents took the family out before my oldest sibling went to college. I was about 13 at the time and didn't think much of it, but my dad put a lot of thought into this dinner. We went to Adam's Rib on main street, which is the same place my grandfather brought my dad before he went to college. My dad made sure we had the same table, and the same crackers and cheese. I appreciate this dinner more now because I realize how much my father appreciated what his dad did for him and now my father was only trying to share an experience with everyone. This was also one of the last dinners my family had together, while we were all living under one roof. After this dinner my parents shipped off all four of us (their children) to college in the next five years. Since then both of my sisters come home sparingly and when they do it is for the holidays and sometimes they both don't make it home. Basically I have fond memories of this dinner, but more of the meaning of it than the actual food.

No comments:

Post a Comment