Sunday, March 2, 2014

Christmas Morning


The most entertaining meal of the year is my family’s Christmas brunch. The best part of the entire meal is the fact that my entire family is there. I come from a family of six, but both of my sisters no longer live in Western New York. So it is rare for all six of us to be together at once. On top of this my father’s siblings and their families are there as well. It ends coming close to 30 people. The food is amazing every year as well. My mom makes a omelet dish that could feed an army! There are also things like pancakes, sausage, bacon, hash browns, but best of all my grand ma’s cinnamon buns. This tradition has been going on ever since I have been around and shows no signs of stopping. It is amazing to see a family so close together and appreciate the little things on such a great holiday!

Comment from Martha:
Don and I each come from families of 6 (oddly, we each have 4 sisters and 1 brother) and are very familiar with the onslaught of the relatives.  But what I find surprising about your post is that they all show up for brunch!  We often had that many by dinner time, or for a dinner the night before on Christmas Eve,  but Christmas morning was always just for the nuclear family.  My mother would have had a nervous breakdown if the relatives showed up before noon.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment