Thursday, February 13, 2014

From what I can remember from when I was in elementary school, my refrigerator was ALWAYS filled considering the fact that we had two freezers and one refrigerator full of food. Some of the more common things that we always had in the fridge included:

  • Cheese- whether it was Peccorino Romano, Mozzarella, or American, you could guarantee there was cheese for any meal. 
  • Leftover homemade pasta sauce
  • Bread
  • Eggplant Parmesan- my dad usually ate this
  • Luncheon meat including ham, turkey and salami
  • Raw broccoli, tomatoes, and salad
  • Chicken
  • An endless amount of apples and pears 
  • Beverages like pop, lemonade, milk, and iced tea
  • Maple Syrup, chocolate syrup and dressings that could only be used in small amounts. 

During seasonal times or special occasions I would be really excited to find these things in my fridge:
  • Cheese sticks
  • baked beans
  • cannolis
  • egg nog
  • Capri sun juice boxes
  • Pizza logs or pizza rolls
  • Orange pop
  • Kid cuisine premade meals- i thought those things were the best
  • Lunchables
  • Hotdogs and Hamburgers
  • Cottage cheese
  • Trix Yogurt
Basically, I was happy when these products were on sale and I was able to eat junk food, haha. 
It is hard to remember everything in my fridge from when I was little, but these products stood out to me; YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment