Sunday, February 16, 2014

From Amber Hatchett




Looking inside the Fridge

Surprisingly my fridge contents have not changed much since elementary
school. I believe back then organic or all natural labeling wasn’t very
popular, so we usually did not stock on things such as that. However we
bought typical name brand groceries like Motts Apple Sauce, Ocean Spray
Cranberry Juice, Yoplait yogurt, etc. My mom started to be a vegetarian
around the time I was in elementary school and packed her own lunch to
work everyday. So there were lots of vegetables such as carrots, celery,
bell pepper, cabbage, kale, and collard greens; fruits (when in season)
red or green grapes, oranges, bananas, and apples. Since I was not a
completely a vegetarian however since my mother bought the groceries and
cooked my food she would only buy tofu and turkey meat.  So I had turkey
sandwich meat, turkey bacon, ground turkey and turkey sausage links.  We
had your typically condiments like ketchup, mustard, ranch, pickles,
etc. Overall I had an average fridge but a very health one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment