Sunday, February 16, 2014

From David Brunette





Refrigerator Reminiscence

My most fond youth refrigerator memory is definitely whenever Five Alive appeared on the top shelf during the summer. Essentially, it is a generic KoolAid. My favorite flavor was Citrus, which combined the flavors of orange, lemon, grapefruit, tangerine and lime into one delicious concoction. I remember my 8 or 9 year old rationale for this was, "I would literally have to drink five CapriSun pouches to equal one Five Alive and that's just too much." I don't think I have had it or seen it since then. Which begged the question: What happened to it? Sadly, a Google search told me that is not sold in the US anymore. After writing the majority of this blog entry, I decided that I should leave the reasoning behind leaving the country unknown to preserve my cherished childhood refrigerator memory. Ignorance is bliss? Maybe I'll give it a shot.

- David Brunette

No comments:

Post a Comment